CrockPot Chili With Turkey - I have many recipes for Crock Pot Chili, most with red beans and ground beef. In my attempt to try and prepare healthy meals for my family but still hang on to the cheap meals budget I tried this chili recipe with ground turkey and it was delicious. My family honestly thought this was better that any chili I had prepared before.

Crock Pot Chili With Turkey

I found that purchasing ground turkey could be cheaper that ground beef but you have to watch your local grocery store ads to get the cheaper price.

My local Kroger (Smith’s) grocery store ran a great special on ground turkey about a month ago and I was able to stock up for a fraction of the price I would normally pay.

Beside ground turkey you can also purchase frozen turkey patties. These are a great last minute dinner ideas you can pull from the freezer and throw on the George Foreman Grill. Frozen turkey patties are also cheaper than frozen ground beef patties and my kids love to eat them.

CrockPot Chili With Turkey and Beans

Cook Time: 7 hours HIGH – Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (14oz) whole peeled tomatoes, drained
  • 2 cans (14oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (12 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 lb cooked ground turkey
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped carrot
  • 3 tbsp chili powder
  • 4 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp ground red pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup Amaretto (optional)
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in the crock-pot, cover and cook on HIGH for 7 hours
  2. Serve with some homemade corn muffins and a side salad to complete your family meal.
How’s that for an easy cheap meal!!

Here are so more great Crockpot and Chili Recipes you might like to try:
For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments