Quick and Easy CrockPot Carrot Pudding - Over the weekend I attended a church function with my daughter in which dinner was served. At the end of the table next to the cookies and cake was a crockpot full of carrot pudding. Oh my, this was the most delicious dessert I have ever tasted and it was prepared in the crockpot. Yes, I had to get my hands on that recipe.

Quick and Easy CrockPot Carrot Pudding

After a bit of searching I found the gentleman (yes, gentleman) who brought the dessert side dish. He said it was an old family favorite he prepares often. He gave me a run down of the ingredients but e-mailed the complete recipe to me today.

I was pleased to see that this was such a simple recipe making it great for an inexpensive family dessert. So here it is, the best crockpot dessert I am delighted to share with you all. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

CrockPot Carrot Pudding Recipe

A Nice Gentleman
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours on HIGH
Ingredients and Directions:

Start with:
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. margarine
Put this liquid in crock pot, then:
  • 6 Tbsp. margarine
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1 cup grated apple
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tsp. baking powder
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Nuts and Raisins (optional and as much as desired)
Add second mixture into liquid and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the crockpot. Make a caramel sauce or top with ice-cream or cool whip.

Looking for another simple and cheap family dessert! Try this one:
For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments