Cheap And Quick Chicken and Rice Meal Crockpot Recipe - As I prepare for cooking meals for a month, there has to be many cheap quick rice meals. I cannot think of a cheaper ingredient to use to feed this large family of mine.

I love the simple one dish bakes that include rice and chicken. But what I love even more is when I can use my crockpot to prepare a family meal. I know what your thinking, rice in the crockpot? Yes this is the best chicken and rice crockpot recipe I have found.

Cheap And Quick Chicken and Rice Meal Crockpot Recipe

The rice turns out perfect every time I prepare it. I guess you could say it’s almost fool proof and believe me when I say those are the safest recipes for me to prepare. And for those frugal mom’s it is one of the $5 dinner meals I suggest when trying to get control of your food budget, one meal at a time!

Chicken and Rice Crockpot Recipe

Personal Cookbook
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 hours

Meal Preparation Ingredients:
  • 10 chicken tenders (or 4 chicken breasts)
  • 1 dry pkg. zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 cube margarine (1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup minute rice
  • 1 can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
  • 1 soup can(use from above) of milk
Meal Preparation Directions:
  1. Put chicken, dry zesty Italian dressing and margarine into crockpot.
  2. Cook on low to medium for 5 to 6 hours.
  3. Once chicken is cooked, remove and cut into chunks.
  4. Put chicken back into crockpot and add the rice, Campbell’s cream of chicken soup and can of milk. Stir all together.
  5. Cook for 3 more hours on low.
Meal Assembly:
Serves 6 – Add some hot garlic bread and a small side salad for a complete, nutritious and delicious dinner that was cheap and quick to prepare.

TIP: This can be the perfect freezer meals recipe as it holds well during reheat so double the batch for dinner next week.

For more delicious crokpot recipes:
For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments