Easy Healthy Crockpot Recipe For Ratatouille Soup - I was searching for some quick healthy meals when I ran across an old family recipe for Easy Ratatouille Soup yesterday. Boy did the memories of my mom cooking in the kitchen come back to me.

We grew up poor and my mom prepared most of our meals using ingredients right from the garden. Even though I wasn’t a big fan of eggplant when I was little, most kids aren’t, the blend of eggplant and vegetables in this Ratatouille recipe made the meal more appealing.

Easy Healthy Crockpot Recipe For Ratatouille Soup

I can’t recall the last time I prepare this, probably because the cost of eggplant is usually out of my cheap cooking budget. Unfortunately I wasn’t born with a green thumb so pulling these ingredients from the garden has never been an option in my house.

But regardless of cost if you are looking for healthy meal ideas, this is about as healthy as I can give. And to those of you that do grow fresh delicious veggies, this Ratatouille recipe will cost next to nothing to prepare.

It’s an easy recipe and with crockpot cooking it’s a simple healthy meal idea.

Easy Ratatouille Soup Recipe

Cheap Cooking Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large onions, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (optional)
  • 1 eggplant, diced in 1/2 in cubes
  • 6 small zucchini, sliced
  • 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
  • 1 summer squash, sliced
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup minced parsley (optional)
  • 4 large tomatoes cut in wedges or 1 can stewed tomatoes, drained
Easy Dinner Directions:
  1. Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil add onions and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in eggplant, zucchini, peppers, squash, salt and parsley.
  3. Add remaining vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
  4. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Add tomatoes and cook on med heat for 15 minutes.
  6. Garnish with more tomatoes and parsley if desired.
Yield: 8 generous servings

TIP: 

  • For crockpot cooking after step one is complete, add all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours.
  • Make more the needed for a simple healthy freezer meal recipe next week.
  • Hey Vegetarians, this is the perfect easy dinner idea! Check out Easy Vegetarian Meals for many more recipes and ideas.
Want another crockpot soup recipes idea? Try this out:
For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments