Yankee CrockPot Roast Recipe - A traditional family dilemma – no time – needs a modern solution – crock pot pot roast. I am the first to say with all the demands on my time, I find it difficult to get a healthy meal on the table. This is the main reason I cook with the crock pot. I know that if I just hurry and get the meal done it is going to pay off tonight when I get home. If I haven’t convinced you yet then here we go again, crockpot cooking is truly the most affordable way plan cheap meals for your family.

Yankee CrockPot Roast Recipe

When I do make the time, it is usually spent finding free recipes and breaking them down to be cost effective cheap meals that are easy to prepare. But I do have a few old time favorites that I wouldn’t dare dream of converting. This traditional Yankee Pot Roast Recipe is one of those. I have prepared my Pot Roast Dinner with this exact recipe since, well the beginning of time – lol okay since I got married and decided I better learn to cook or at least make the attempt anyway. It’s a simple dinner recipe, the ingredients are basic and of course with crock pot cooking you can add and omit as to your preference but my recommendation would be to leave it alone, its that good.

And for those you need a little guidance with the homemade gravy recipe after the Yankee Pot Roast is done, I have just the article for you. I myself faced this dilemma with my first Pot Roast and Potato meal.

This is a great step-by-step guide on How To Make Gravy.

CrockPot Roast – Yankee Pot Roast Recipe

Rival Crock Pot Recipes

Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 1/2 to 9 hours on Low
Serves: 10-12

Cheap Cooking Ingredients:
  • 1 beef chuck roast (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
  • 3 unpeeled baking potatoes (about 1 lb.) cut into quarter
  • 2 large carrots, cut into 3/4 inch slices
  • 2 stalks celery, cut into 3/4 inch slices
  • 1 medium onion – sliced
  • 1 large parsnip, cut into 3/4 inch slices (optional but even better with it)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp. dried rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup beef broth*
Easy Dinner Directions:
  1. Trim excess fat from beef and discard, cut beef into serving size pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  2. Combine potato, carrot, celery, onion, parsnip, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme in crock pot.
  3. Place beef on top of vegetables and pour broth over beef.
  4. Cook on low 8 1/2 to 9 hours or until beef is fork tender.
*Use reduced sodium beef broth heart healthy crockpot recipe.

Looking for some different quick dinner recipes? Take a look at these:
For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments