The Perfect Crockpot Holiday Side Dish Recipe - I wanted to wrap up my week of Holiday recipes with one final Holiday side dish that will knock your socks off. I love a recipe that requires the use of a crockpot and what easier way to get your Holiday side dish from your home to your Holiday party still warm and delicious.

I made this the other night for my family, exactly as the recipe is listed and it was an instant hit with the kids! We will never buy boxed macaroni and cheese again! (O.K. well probably I will but I won’t enjoy eating the box stuff after having this.)

The Perfect Crockpot Holiday Side Dish Recipe

I found this recipe while surfing on Yahoo Answers. Thanks to Shylah Petkus for permission to print. Trust me when I tell you this recipe ROCKS!! Please double or even triple the batch for the perfect freeze ahead lunch meal. My husband gets to enjoy this for lunch tomorrow.

Macaroni and Cheese in the Crockpot

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 hours

Here is how I make the mac and cheese, Meal Preparation Ingredients::
  1. Boil shells until al dente (undercook) and drain well
  2. Heat 2 cups heavy cream on the stove. Add in: 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. prepared, horseradish *optional, 1 tsp. chopped garlic, 3 T butter.
  3. After it is hot, add in 1/4 cup CREMORA or COFFEE MATE non dairy coffee creamer (the dry stuff) (yes, add it) (i promise)
  4. Begin to whisk in 1/2 block of shredded VELVEETA. It’ll be hard to grate, so if you have to use some chunks, that is ok.
  5. Keep whisking over low/medium heat until it is incorporated.
  6. Pour your pasta into the crock pot.
  7. Pour cheese sauce over the top. It will be soupy!!!
  8. Cover crock pot.
  9. Heat on low for 2 hours.
After 2 hours, cover the top with a crumble of the seasoned croutons you have on hand. I usually add in 2 or 3 graham crackers when I pulse it to grind it into crumbs. Gives it a little sweetness that people adore.

For more easy crockpot recipes:

For all Crockpot Soup Recipes go here: Best Crockpot Meals Recipes

Disqus Comments