Weight Loss Success Stories? My Journey So Far - I wanted somewhere to talk about what I am doing and how - without being judged by people who have no idea what it is like to be obese. I am a man that is obese. There, I said it. BUT I am trying to do something about it. I am 30 years old and have steadily put weight on over the last 10 years. I stand at only 5 feet 5 inches tall. 6 weeks ago I topped the scales at 19 stones and 8 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been. I struggled with stairs, walking any medium or long distances and was desperately unhappy with my body shape and how I look.


Then i started the lighter life plan to try to lose weight. I'm sure people will have heard of it and i am keen to hear of your experiences on it, or indeed of other plans people have found that have worked. In 6 weeks i have lost 2 stones. I do feel better for it but i find that i am self destructing and cheating on myself! the odd biscuit here or there etc. I am finding it difficult but know that i have to stick to it. I have just started going to the gym again, but the place bores me to tears almost.

I am really pleased the weight loss that i have achieved so far and i want to lose another 1 and a half stones by the end of may, when i go on holiday. But i can feel myself slowly falling and slipping into old habits. I'll let you know how i get on next week after my weekly weigh in. Read also: How to Lose Pregnancy Weight Quickly

What is the Secret of Lasting Weight Loss?

Besides mindful eating and exercises, Weight loss is alse about dedication, self-control and positivity. You should be proud that you are determined to lose weight and have not given up. There will be several ups and downs in life, but do not let that deter your weight loss dedication. Do consult a dietitian or an extert to ensure you are doing the right things for yourself.

What is the secret of lasting weight loss? Is it a GI Diet? No. Weight loss drugs? No. Is it Gastric bypass? No. Is it regular exercise? No. Is it willpower? No. The real secret of losing weight is PEOPLE! You can follow any diet you like, take any weight loss drug you like - you can even have major geriatric surgery.

I get up early in the morning and take some exercise daily. After exercise drink fresh juices of fruits.. Its the secret of my health.

Disqus Comments