Visiting Mountainous Areas is a Good Way to Reduce Weight - I read many articles and heard many times from my friends that visiting mountainous areas is a good way to shed extra pounds, but I was not sure because I haven’t ever experienced it myself and it is a fact that we rarely believe things we haven’t experienced. Last month I got an opportunity to visit countryside after a long time and spent almost a month there. During my stay I walked a lot which includes both long and short walks. I use to climb mountains and sometimes walking in plain areas which slowly takes me upwards from the level of water approximately 6000 to 9000 feet. I wasn’t doing this to reduce my weight as I am neither too fat nor too slim but after I came back from vacations and went for routine check up, to my amazement I have lost 10 pounds in one month unconsciously and surely it could give me much better results if I have given it proper time and did it professionally. This has proved that what I read and what my friends have told me was not wrong. Now I can confidently say that visiting mountainous areas is really good for weight loss and healthier life.


Visiting Mountainous Areas is a Good Way to Reduce Weight

What I did was just a part of my vacation activities, I wasn’t out on weight loss mission, but for those who want to reduce their weight it is very much recommendable to visit mountainous areas and get involved in walking and climbing activities. It will not only help you reduce weight but will also make you healthier because of the pollution free atmosphere and healthy foods. So if you are committed to lose weight and have a lovely vacation too you will find some useful tips in this article. Just follow the instructions to have a lovely but purposeful vacation:

  • Before leaving for your destination collect as much information as you can about the place (utmost important if it’s your first visit). It is recommendable to discuss your weight loss plan and site selection with your physician for better results.
  • Be consistent in your walking and climbing activities and try to increase the distance you walk or area you climb each time.
  • Another important question is whether you should go alone or take a companion with you? I think the best thing is to go along with a person who can motivate and support you the most or whose presence in your life gives you motivation and excitement. A companion will help you achieve your weight loss goals and will also make your trip a memorable journey which you can include in the best and unforgettable times of your life.

Below are some of the tips which will help you get the best results from your walk:

  • While walking keep in mind that your head and chin should be straight and your elbow must be at 90 degree; move your hands around slowly but steadily.
  • Increase your steps slowly, thus increasing the speed.
  • After warm up session try to stretch your body as much as you can, but remember don’t pull too hard as it could be dangerous. Slowly stretch every part of your muscles, stretch your body after every 10 to 15 minutes walk.
  • Try to walk in areas which you find hard to walk like upward cliffs etc as it will increase your heartbeat and ultimately your metabolism which will speed up fat burning process, Take long breathe after every step and walk slowly but continuously.

For those who love cycling in mountains following tips could help to achieve weight loss goals:

  • It is recommended to be seated instead of standing on your cycle, because when you sit your legs bend by which you apply more pressure on pedals as compared to standing position. Sitting position helps you burn more calories and thus you can get much better results.
  • Hold top bars on the cycle as this is the right way of cycling while climbing up the hills.
  • Keep your chin straight while cycling and don’t talk. Keep your chest wide (stretch as much as possible).

Every activity you do in mountainous areas will directly affect your body and you will get healthy results, that's for sure. At the same time it is extremely important to be cautious of the rough and dangerous terrain which mountains have .. In short - Always apply common sense.

Disqus Comments